Monday, August 07, 2006

Nina Gordon: Bleeding Heart Graffiti


Nina Gordon, co-founder of 90's rock favorite Veruca Salt, has a new album entitled "Bleeding Heart Graffiti" hitting the shelves tomorrow (August 8th). This is a long overdue release as it has been put off numerous times and been in the works a few years now. Her last album, first solo effort "Tonight and the Rest of My Life", came out in 2000.

For fans of Veruca Salt, the reviews were mixed. Many fans favor the harder flavor of her fellow co-founder Louise Post's style, but Nina found a bit of a softer side. I always prefered Nina's work. When I really loved a Veruca track and checked the liner it was almost always a Gordon song. Nina has gotten some minor airplay since leaving Veruca Salt with the title single from her "Tonight and the Rest of My Life" album. Louise Post, on the other hand, put on weight, dyed her hair blonde (both of which, admittedly, were only the case right after the initial breakup for the band and her friendship with Nina, they were long time best friends) and is choking out pseudo-punk songs under the same Veruca Salt moniker, despite her being the only original band member left. That doesn't sound like a lot of success to me, but she still has a good deal of fans, while Nina is just making some new ones.

My copy of Bleeding Heart Graffiti is pre-ordered and on its way to me and I couldn't be more excited. The first single, "Kiss Me 'Til It Bleeds" sounds great and I have high hopes for the rest of the album.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger hype said...

Nina's solo work is boring sadly.

Louise lost the weight by the way and is looking amazing.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home