Monday, July 17, 2006

Kicking Yourself Later.


Recently I was cursing myself for my tendency on getting into certain great musicians a bit too late. Now, it is one thing if you go to a concert and enjoy the opener and say "hmm, I will have to check them out later" or something. It is completely another when your sorry ass has seen someone in concert and didn't really think twice about them because you just wanted to see the main act so bad and then later get into them and say "damn, I saw them in concert and wasn't even paying attention!", in fact, you were probably even saying "hurry up so I can see who I came to see!". Sad, sad.

So here is my tribute to some of the amazing people I saw who were OPENING for other people and who I didn't pay any attention to at the time...


Rhett Miller - "Come Around"
(Opening for Tori Amos)

Mike Doughty - "Looking At The World From The Bottom of a Well"
(Opening for They Might Be Giants)

Denison Witmer - "24 Turned 25"
(Opening for The Innocence Mission)

John Vanderslice - "Trance Manual"
(Opening for Pedro the Lion)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

I too saw Ben Folds Five, but they were the main act. I went to see them because I felt I should since they were in my town, but I wasn't into them at the time and I thought it was blah...now I love them, go figure.

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also saw Denison Witmer when he opened for Innocense Mission.

Nice blog, Anne. Useful music info.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home