Thursday, July 13, 2006

Alex Bach - Blame God Instead


I first heard an Alex Bach song on a mix someone sent to me. I heard one song, liked it so much I had to buy her album. She really is very talented. Her lyrics are great, her songs are catchy...I have a hard time putting her a catagory though. I am not sure she knows what she wants to be sometimes, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing. Her songs cover a wide range of spectrums including angry rock-out, slow and folky and pop-rock/catchy as hell.

Regardless, her song "Worthless" has been one that has gotten played over and over for me. I think many ladies could feel the pull of such a song if you've ever felt used or unappreciated. Her song "Blame God Instead" was an internet exclusive, but I really love the lyrics. The love of your life breaks up with you and everyone tells you you didn't need them and to move on, and you think you wish they were dead because you could still have your faith in that person and that it'd be easier to hate God then to try to get over losing your faith in the one you held so dear. Her song "Anymore" is for that next stage of getting over someone where you say "ya know what, your loss". My favorite lyric is "You said you loved me more than I could ever love myself, and I had to prove you wrong". Priceless for anyone getting over someone. She writes some great break-up songs.
Great lyrics, good tunes, check her out.
  • Alex Bach - "Worthless"
  • Alex Bach - "Blame God Instead"
  • Alex Bach - "Anymore"
  • Labels: ,

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Anne said...

    I was actually going to liken her to Ani but then decided against it.

    12:44 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    5:35 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hi I like Blame God Instead but I can't found this song on the internet do you have a link for this song?

    3:10 PM  
    Blogger Anne said...

    I deleted the comment by mistake, oops. But the track is available on Alexbach.com in the music section.

    6:26 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home