Thursday, August 31, 2006

Rose Melberg


Rose Melberg is half (with Jen Sbragia) of one of my "must-buy" bands, The Softies. They are twee-pop at it's very best. Two women with soft child-like voices creating beautiful guitar harmonies together. They are beautifully woven together (seriously, wow) to make these sweet loveable songs with a delicate and beautiful sound.

They have not recorded together since 2000's "Holiday in Rhode Island". Since then Rose, also former member of Go Sailor and Tiger Trap, has released two solo albums. In 1998 she released "Portola" which I do not have, but the track from it I have heard (see below) is quite good, and her most recent, released this past April is called "Cast Away the Clouds". I only recently bought Cast Away the Clouds but I quite enjoy it, but I do feel it loses some of it's charm when it's just Rose and there are not the harmonies of the 2 guitars that I enjoyed so much. All the same, here are some Softies tracks as well as some solo Rose tracks for you guys to check out.

The Softies:
Rose Melberg:

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

As I said, I haven't gotten to hear Portola yet, but just from that one song I think I'd enjoy the sound of it more.

But long live The Softies.

3:22 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Yes, I did know that she was a member of All Girl Summer Fun Band, they are so different from The Softies though, but fun, yes, I do enjoy them sometimes.

Thanks for the offer of Portola, but I have an awful guilt complex about copying whole albums from people, perhaps you'd be willing to make me a sampler with 2 or 3 songs from it and then include some other things you think I need to hear, I trust your taste.

2:45 PM  
Blogger lito said...

I only have the cd "it's love" and I think it's very beautiful, besides the cd includes the song "I can't get no satisfaction, thank God", a wonderful cover of talulah gosh, another great band

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home