Monday, April 21, 2008

Lykke Li


Once again I find myself scratching my head and wondering how so much amazing pop music can come out of one country. Perhaps the American pop contingent has become so infiltrated by corporations and/or bad hip-hop that we forget what decent pop music sounds like and have forgotten how to make it. Well, thank goodness the Swedes are keeping the ancient knowledge of pop music making flowing and are creating dance-worthy happy-making music for the masses...even if those of us in America who will get to hear it are in the minority.

The latest addiction for me is 22 year old Swede, and professional dancer turned musician, Lykke Li. Her music seems to lie somewhere between the music of Americans like My Brightest Diamond on the indie side, and her fellow European import Annie on the pop side.

I urge you to check her out if you're feeling withdrawl symptoms from decent pop music, and check out the video for her new single "I'm Good, I'm Gone" below. I am digging the video as much as the song. It's like a high school Cirque de Soleil!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dane said...

Love it! It's creepy, surreal, fun and fascinating in a way I haven't seen since the early '80s videos.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's a great video. And a darned fine song, too!
I'd never heard of this artist until a couple of days ago, but she's already gone onto my "buy" list.

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home