Sunday, March 11, 2007

Jonatha Brooke


Jonatha Brooke has updated her website for the release of her latest album "Careful What You Wish For" on April 3rd. The first single, the title song, has been available for download on iTunes for a while now and I encourage any fan to go check it out.

If you are new to Jonatha's music I must admit that I am not sure her new song would be what I would recommend to get someone hooked on her. Myself, and at least one or two friends of mine have had the same experience with her music. We become interested in hearing her music some how or another and then once we get the album or a few songs in our possession we aren't immediately sure we care for it. On the surface, her music seems unimpressive, a fine but average voice, nothing overly impressive about the tunes...but then something happens. You listen harder and something clicks. I have heard Jonatha described as "the songwriter's songwriter". Indeed, her lyrics and themes are what finally sealed it for me. On first listen you may only get a glimpse of an interesting lyric or think "yeah, that explains how I feel better than I could ever explain it" but then you go back and listen and before you know it you are singing along and listening to the albums non-stop. Go figure!

Jonatha's last studio album "Back In the Circus" was good, but not her best. My hopes aren't overly high that this will be one of her best to date, having heard her first single from the new album, but I still plan on getting it because there are always gems and she is a consistently good songwriter.

Until then, enjoy this recently remixed version of her song "War" and go listen to clips from her other albums on her website...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home