Sunday, December 28, 2008

Laura Marling - Night Terrors


I've liked British singer-songwriter Laura Marling since I first heard her months ago, but finally got her album for Christmas. I must say I cannot get enough of her song "Night Terrors". It's haunting without being overly melancholy and absolutely beautiful. This album has already become one I would consider the best of the year and I've only had it a few days.

Admittedly, I am slightly bitter that she's only 18 and making an album this amazing, mostly because I can't believe I am a fan of someone who was born in 1990, and less because she's 18, just because 1990 feels like it was just yesterday. Even so, it's amazing that such outstanding folk music is being made by one so young. I hope this level of work continues.

That being said, I saw the video for "Night Terrors" for the first time tonight and I adore it. Check it out:

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home