Thursday, October 09, 2008

Margot & The Nuclear So-and-So's - Not Animal!


I would say that Indianapolis-based Margot and the Nuclear So-and-So's are one of my favorite discoveries of the last few years. I had only heard a few songs of theirs when they played a free concert at the university I was attending and I went to see them, and they blew me away. So many different instruments, all played so well together, and beautiful and unique songs. Lovely.

This week they released 2 new albums, yes, 2. Apparently, their new record label, Epic, did not like the tracklisting they had chosen for their new album "Animal!" and would not release it, so instead Margot et al, released the album with tracks Epic suggested under the title "Not Animal!" and then released "Animal!" on vinyl only. Unfortunately, I don't have regular access to a turntable, so getting Animal! won't do me much good, but what I have heard from Not Animal! has been quite good and I look forward to hearing the tracks from Animal! that don't appear on the Epic version in the future.

Oh well, until then, enjoy this great track from Not Animal!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home