Monday, May 14, 2007

Holly McNarland "Every Single Time"

Holly McNarland's next full length album "Chin Up, Buttercup" has been in the works for a while now, but they finally set a date for it's release....June, 5th, 2007. Praise be! In the meantime, she has posted the video for the single "Every Single Time", a catchy little upbeat love song, on YouTube and I thought I would share.

From this one song it seems as though the album will be more produced, perhaps less angsty than some of her others. She has some great more-produced albums though, so even though I am crazy about just a woman and her instrument, this being more heavily produced doesn't mean it won't be excellent. But, I do love her acoustic stuff, it really is amazing. In fact, I have had her song "Bye Bye Boy" (from her acoustic EP "The Komrade Sessions) in my head for over a week now, I recommend it to everyone. It is available on iTunes.

But now, enjoy her new video featuring a new short hairdo and a lack of clothing!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger hype said...

Whoa! Thanks for letting me know about "The Komrade Sessions"! Holly started to get the "Canadian female artist curse" (overproduced, boring albums i.e Chantal Kreviazuk and Jann Arden) for awhile but this stripped down EP is quite great!

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home