Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lotte Kestner "Halo"

I'm a sucker for sappy girl versions of pop and rock songs. I am also a sucker for Anna-lynne Williams and her projects Trespassers Williams and Lotte Kestner, Lotte Kestner being the name she gave her solo acoustic project. So you can imagine how happy I was to find out Lotte Kestner's new album would be entirely covers! For some this would be a let down, but for me, who loves covers, this is thrilling. She has done some amazing covers before, a few are included again on this new release, like her amazing version of Interpol's "Leif Erikson".

This is from her addition EP that she put out at the same time, but has some amazing covers on it. I've heard a bunch of covers of "Halo" before this, but this one blows them out of the water. Check out the link to her Bandcamp site below and listen to the rest of the covers as well.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home